Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never gotten into lever actions until now, this is my model 1894 .32 Special rifle made in 1906. The barrel is 26". This belonged to an ex-girlfriend's father. I was close to him, he passed away a few years ago and luckily I ended up with it. He got this from his own grandfather when he was 15 years old, his grandfather bought the gun new in 1906. It has a very nice bore, the action is stiff from sitting around but I took it to the range last weekend and loved how well it shot. I was shooting reloads of 165 grain Hornady FTX bullets over various charges of Leverevolution powder. It grouped everything at 1" or less at 50 yards, a very nice shooter. It will be going into the woods for both black bear hunting and deer hunting this fall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I tried one box of factory Remington cor lokt and it was about $30. It's definitely a nice cartridge to hand load, I picked up some cast 170 grain flat points that I'm going to play around with using Trail Boss and Unique. The gun feels very comfortable shooting offhand.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.