Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fifteen yr old daughter took her first deer yesterday. I'm as proud as can be, had been at her side on previous hunts. This trip she was solo, found the deer bedded under her stand. We had discussed this scenario on the way to the woods. We hunt in the deer's bedroom and typically try to arrive before sun up. Saturday was busy, nearly passed up the hunt due to the bedlam. But as I told her there are usually only five good minutes of stand hunting a day, and maybe she'll miss the six boring hrs.

Talk about calling the shot. Five minutes out of the truck I hear bang. The phone message was priceless. Kinda glad she did it by herself but I woulda liked to see it too.

Well now it's time to make meat. Glad some one in this family is getting the deal closed.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Give that fine young lady hunter a Big Congrats and a WTG from us, Empty Quiver. Sounds like she had a great teacher and mentor in you, so Congrats to you too.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Thatss great to hear, hunting here in Southern MN was pretty slow with all the corn in but my lucky brother happened to pull a 140is 9 pointer out at the last minute tonight.

The young lady will be the envy of every boy in her school.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fit that catagory billy and I'm long outa school. She was hunting south of Red Wing area. Amounts to a very wide fence row joining two large tracts. Great for a single hunter at a time.

I'd have to get her to do the pics, I'm just better than illiterate on this computer. Imagine a cute blond girl and a nice yearling doe, with a hole between the running lites!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congrats! I am sure it is quite satisfying for you as a father. Nice work.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Good for her!
Great story.

All of us guys on here are proud of her and you.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell you what guys, I'm still a bit excited for her. After the processing I had to get off to work, but told the girls to cook up the tenderloins. The girl calls about 10pm and proclaims that her deer is " basically delicious ". Last week we cooked up elk steaks, she told me they were good but thought her deer was better though!

What am I gonna do with her?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts