Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Remington 7600 in 7MM-08 from Grice. I joined a hunting club here in NW Florida back in the spring. One of my 2 plots is a beautiful wooded plot about 200 yds. long and about 14 ft. wide along a small creek. I have a tube feeder left by the previous hunter and I added a spin feeder at the other end. The hogs have been all over me the entire summer. I have numerous pictures from my camera of as many as 8 at the time feeding. We replanted the plot a few weeks ago and in less than a week they have destroyed about a third of the plot. I got up early yesterday morning and got set up in my shooting house. My spin feeder went off about 5 minutes before 7am and in less than 5 minutes here came a boar, a sow and about 6 piglets out of the swamp. I waited for a good shot on the boar and aimed for his ear. I missed a little, but he fell as soon as it hit him just behind the head. Must have gotten his spine maybe. I had to go and get some help to get him out of the woods and I gave him to them for cleaning. My new friend who is experienced with hogs thought he would ago about 140 lbs at least. My new rifle is now 1 for 1. Hope to keep that going if I can get enough hogs out of the way and keep the deer coming in.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Nice hog!!!!!!!!! I hope to get one some day. Dale

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the first hog I ever shot at. I got a small sow, maybe 40 to 50 lbs. a week later. The boar was the first animal of any type i shot with my new 7600 pump gun. I have a food plot near a creek and the hogs are all over me. I hope they go away. Muzzleloader season starts this Friday!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts