Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy #+$& The barrel came up so fast the gun wound up in my arms barrel up. Maybe I should shoot 3" Mags.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I shot ONE 3.5" #4 shot and will never shoot another!!! I'm not a recoil shy type but that sucker hurt.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I always rate them by whether or not the gun barrel knocks my hat off.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Try a turkey load in that thing! 2 full oz of lead going out at extreme velocity from a lightweight gun makes for impressive recoil.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try a turkey load in that thing! 2 full oz of lead going out at extreme velocity from a lightweight gun makes for impressive recoil.
2 Oz.#4 shot Turkey load Grand Slams, I should have realized with name like that I might get a Grand Slam on the noggin. It was like someone through me a broom when I wasn't ready.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
2 Oz.#4 shot Turkey load Grand Slams, I should have realized with name like that I might get a Grand Slam on the noggin. It was like someone through me a broom when I wasn't ready.
Yes I shot a 3 1/2 turkey load once at a turkey,it almost knocked me off the atv,that was the last time

·
Registered
37 Posts
I remember shooing Remington Buckhammers (1.25 oz Slug at about 1600fps) out of my light weight 12ga rifled NEF... that was fun.
My friends dad bought them thinking they were the "reduced loads" (he was in his mid 70s at the time) he just about dropped his 12ga and said "WTF was that?!?!" when he realized his mistake he offered them to his kids. Well his son, my friend, took them and gave them to me since he knew I used a light weight SS. He thought he could get another laugh out of them.
They were definitely a bit... "stout", but fun. :p

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I shoot Federal 3 inch #5 turkey loads. I tried a few 3 1/2 inch but the 3 inch pattern better.

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
I had an 3.5" Pardner Turkey for a while. I made the mistake of patterning some turkey loads from a benchrest. The gun came up so fast it hit near my eye and literally gave me a black eye.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts