Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you keep a fishing log book?? I keep a log on what i catch, when and where. It pays off too because I forget when the spawn happened lastyear not that it happens the same day but I'm trying to hit the post spawn feeding frenzy when it happens I go fishing more(spending more hours) and trying to hit it right you can catch 30 to 50 lbs of bass in 30 minutes(or more) is possible when the frenzy hits. Timing fronts coming in, fishing during rain, and after I have seen this frenzy occur. The bass actually act like a school of tuna? My rod becomes a free amusement ride and there all lined up for a ride. What i'm trying to say its non stop action and if you have never had this happen you have to go for it. But keeping records does help in refering back to last years catches and trips to see what happened or just for total bass weights at the end of the season or which pond or lake produced the most fish or the biggest fish too. What lure worked the best and where? I think record keeping is good for us fisherman. You can record where, when, what lure, water temp, weather conditions, what place and how many and how big too. BigBill

TiteLines & BigBass and please practice catch and release!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
BigBill,

Basically I keep two logs. One in a date book and the other on computer disk. I log everything, weather, water conditions and what worked and what didn't. Size and sex of the fish caught and where they were caught. One other thing logs do is just remembering the good days on the water. Actually I keep a log about my life. Everything I've done hunting, fishing and yes just a diary of everyday experiences. Who knows someday you may want to write a book. Lawdog

·
Registered
323 Posts
I keep a log on my lake maps. Makes for a messy map, but useful to me.

Skip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts