Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a story for y'all. i'll try to give ya the short version...

sewer pipe froze up due to the long, cold winter. cost me 175 to have it steamed open (i aint complaining,well worth the price) and today had to spend the gorgous 60 degree day cleaning up the mess. so i get 2 five gallon pails full of raw sewage off my basement floor. what to do with it? dump it, but where? county has a spot nearby (not too nearby, though) where they dump old scrap metal. so i figure that is the best place for this mess to call "home". anyway, i threw my 44 in the truck and after unloading the mess, i start thinking about the 44 and the opportunity at hand. so i grab the gun and back off about 30 feet. i take aim, stop, and back up another 50 feet. then i shoot them. :eek: all i have to say is that i am sure glad i took that extra 50 feet! seeing that nasty, foul mess flying in the air just cracked me up! though i cant say that i want to make more of those targets... :-D :) :-D

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry if anyone finds this post offensive; but i figured that after that job yesterday i needed some comic relief!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hope they gave you some tips on keeping it open. It can freeze right back up!

This time of year, thawing sewers and waterlines is about all we do. We have two steamers and one waterline thawer going 7 days a week since the last week of December. This has been a bad year with all the cold and no snow. Some septic tanks are freezing solid. We thawed a city water main 10 feet underground. Many well lines frozen that the pitless unit is 6 feet deep.

You should have video tape the target practice!

Hud

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought about that at he time, but the whole thing just happened. had i been thinking, i might have. but then again, i couldnt see saying "honey get the camera and come record me shooting two buckets of crap!" i just know that wouldnt have flew.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Thank you for NOT videotaping it... I can see it now.... when the kids get older.... "look what Dad does for fun!"

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hud said:
I hope they gave you some tips on keeping it open. It can freeze right back up!

This time of year, thawing sewers and waterlines is about all we do. We have two steamers and one waterline thawer going 7 days a week since the last week of December. This has been a bad year with all the cold and no snow. Some septic tanks are freezing solid. We thawed a city water main 10 feet underground. Many well lines frozen that the pitless unit is 6 feet deep.

You should have video tape the target practice!

Hud
Judging from your location, you must have loved that old Garrison Keillor routine on "News from Lake Wobegon", where the local sewer man digs up a septic tank that turns out to be an old Chevy. It had me laughing while he was reading it, and gave me the dry grins for a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts