Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a e mail from some guy about my posting recipes for coyote, crows and ground hogs to name a few and all the diseases you can get from eating that stuff. Well I think if properly cooked your safe, as safe as the processed stuff sold in grocery chains.

August 2015 recalls.

One recent recall was for ice cream for petes sake. there are others too.

Tasty Delicious Bakery Inc. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Eggs In Sugar Bun

Bimbo Bakeries Voluntary Regional Recall of Certain Limited Breads Produced Under the Sara Lee, Great Value, Kroger, Bimbo, Nature’s Harvest and L’Oven Fresh Brands,
the possible presence of fragments of glass caused by a broken light bulb at one of its bakeries.

General Mills Voluntarily Recalls a Limited Quantity of Frozen Cascadian Farm Cut Green Beans
for the presence of Listeria monocytogenes

Recall Sam Mills Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
packaging states that this is a Dairy free product and in fact it should be labeled that in “May contain Traces of Dairy”.

Sid Wainer and Son Recalls Jansal Valley Raw Macadamia Nuts Due to Possible Health Risk
because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella

Jo’s Candies Issues Voluntary Alert on Undeclared Milk in
because it may contain milk, which was not declared on the label.

Kent, Washington Firm Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Peanut Ingredients

Mahina Mele Farm Recalls Their Macadamia Nut Products Due to Possible Health Risk
found Salmonella in macadamia nuts

Real Foods Recalls Chicken Wrap Products Due To Misbranding And Undeclared Allergen

Kapowsin Meats Recalls Pork Product Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination.

Kraft Heinz Foods Company Recalls Turkey Bacon Products Due To Possible Adulteration

This is just a small part of the recalled food for the month of August 2015.
If you think you are saver buying food from a grocery than eating wild game properly prepared your sadly mistaken.
And who can for get the huge peanut butter recall a few years back.

:) Al

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
well, what disease or pathogen could be in coyote , crow , deer, fish or other animal that is not in farm raised animals ?
and what could be in those animals meats that cannont be killed by thoroughly cooking it ?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Wild game is FAR safer than any meats you buy in the supermarket!

No growth hormones, no antibiotics, not processed in some rathole by disgruntled and/or ignorant workers who don't wash their hands, spit in the hamburg, leave meat lying out for hours at room temperature, etc, etc.

I'd much rather eat something I've processed myself and know the whole history of how it was cared for.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
How about all that produce that was recalled from being imported in from Mexico? I believe it was mostly baby spinach, where they found fecal matter and urine all over it where the farm workers were just going right there in the fields all over the plants. Remember all those frozen chickens that had to be destroyed that had come in from China? Or the dog food from China that was killing dogs?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
alleyyooper said:
Got a e mail from some guy about my posting recipes for coyote, crows and ground hogs to name a few and all the diseases you can get from eating that stuff. Well I think if properly cooked your safe, as safe as the processed stuff sold in grocery chains. . . . .

personally, if i were hungry enough, i'm sure whatever i could find that
was too slow in going away from me would find it's way into the cookpot.
right now i have the luxury of refusal on some of of the less than appetizing
choices of food.

like the old man we met in the woods told us" anything is good if you put enough gravy on it "

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
The wife was fussing about something I got out of the fridge that had been in there too long per her. Sky came to my defense. "Mom if it is cooked at 350 degrees in the oven for a certain time, all the organisims will be killed". So cook it well and don't worry about it.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Ranger99 said:
alleyyooper said:
Got a e mail from some guy about my posting recipes for coyote, crows and ground hogs to name a few and all the diseases you can get from eating that stuff. Well I think if properly cooked your safe, as safe as the processed stuff sold in grocery chains. . . . .

personally, if i were hungry enough, i'm sure whatever i could find that
was too slow in going away from me would find it's way into the cookpot.
right now i have the luxury of refusal on some of of the less than appetizing
choices of food.

like the old man we met in the woods told us" anything is good if you put enough gravy on it "

I let all these bunny rabbits run around thinking they are safe here. Little do they know lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts