Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(forgive me - OFF TOPIC) Today I CELEBRATE!

Friday my wife had a mini-stroke. Today she's back from the hospital with some, but minimal, effects. Therapy will help most all the symptoms. Thanks to all who knew and prayed - WE have a BIG God!

Celebrate with me! Life is GOOD!

I will, of course, be distracted from keeping daily tabs here, but life will settle down soon!

·
Registered
272 Posts
(forgive me - OFF TOPIC) Today I CELEBRATE

Tim
Im happy to hear your wife is home from the hospital. My prayers are with you for a quick and fast recovery
Ray

·
Registered
651 Posts

Tim... our best wishes and a speedy recovery for your wife.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery. You must have had a rough weekend but now it sounds like things are going well.

Steve

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Cannon salutes all around!

·
Registered
642 Posts

CW, our prayers for your wife (and you) so that things return to normal real soon.
<*}}}><
Blaster.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks one and all.

Therapy is being scheduled and I am able to tell improvement between observations only 6 hours apart! Just about every time.

If gotten to quickly there are treatments that work very well. Darlene got into the ER within 3 hours.

EVERYONE should know the 3 standard things to determine if it's a stroke - since fast action makes a real difference -

1. ask the person to smile - watch muscle control (or loss of) in the face,
2. ask the person to compose a sentence - listen for slurred speech, and
3. ask the person to raise hands above the head - should be able to.

In a stroke damage is being done by parts of the brain being cut off from blood by a clot - which routinely break off and float around but are usually much smaller. SO the symptoms are quite varied.

Again, thanks for your prayers and concerns - WE are doing well and celebrating the goodness of life!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts

Tim, Sorry to hear that your wife is ill. Best wishes! Hope things get back to normal soon! Later, Wesley

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have been overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of friends!

Darlene is recovering quickly - came home Monday from the hospital, Tuesday she moved the walker from the bottom of the stairs to the living room and hasn't touched it. Getting around (carefully) without it.

Got her smile back yesterday. Speech therapist in today, others soon.

Recovery is speeding along.

Thanks again to y'all!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Since this IS off topic and because of the progress Darlene has made, this will be my last post on this topic.

Three therapists have been by. Two will meet a few times more; one said she wouldn't be back - Darlene didn't need her (occupational). So a few more visits with the occupational and speech therapists and life will be back to normal - except for a few life-style changes in diet and exercise.

Thanks again to all for your prayers and kind wishes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts