Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the custom shop linked to the TC web site. I've checked them out but would like to hear from a third party how their work is with custom barrels.

Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
What you get is regular barrels, but in different chamberings than current factory barrels and in different available lengths; also higher polish is available and different profiles (somewhat). I've owned a few and have been happy, but some say they get better accuracy with SSK or Bullberry barrels. I've not seen that; they all perform about the same for me, but maybe I'm not such a great shot. If I can get 1/2 - 3/4" at 100 yds I'm happy.

RonF

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've got a 26" heavy taper .270 Winchester barrel from Fox Ridge and it will shoot around 1/2"s at 100 yards. I can't shoot any better than that!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the comments, but now I'm left with 2 questions. First, what do you mean by different profiles. Second, what are the websites for bullberry and ssk?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a Fox Ridge barrel in 300 Whisper several months ago. Delivery was 6 weeks, as they told me, and barrel is real nice. I am quite satisfied. Total price was $225 for matte finish, 14 inch (for Contender).

F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts