Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found nothing in the Faq's about this.

My NEW SB2 is a 2006 manufacture according to the serial number.My son just bought an SB2 from another store. His barrel won't latch on my frame and my barrel won't close in his. Are there different tolerances for different year manufacture?

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
As stated they are "fit" to each frame.

Many of us with numerous frames find many barrels can indeed be swapped with little or nothing needed for use. Other Times they are nite and day different.

Take some time and read thru the FAQ's. Tim has done a wonderful job combining all available data there.

CW

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cwlongshot said:
As stated they are "fit" to each frame.

Many of us with numerous frames find many barrels can indeed be swapped with little or nothing needed for use. Other Times they are nite and day different.

Take some time and read thru the FAQ's. Tim has done a wonderful job combining all available data there.

CW
I've read the Faq's. The year issue isn't addressed a far as I can find.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
To answer your question: "Are there different tolerances for different year manufacture?", NO & YES. Basically the manufacturing year is irrelevant. These guns are not sold as "switch barrel" guns. To get a second barrel the frame needs to be sent back to factory OR personally fit to the new barrel to that frame. NEVER alter the frame itself.

Either barrel could likely be fit to either receiver, but doing so will eliminate that barrels ability to be mounted to its original frame. (at least with out adding removed material)

CW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.