Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for years but hadn't logged in for awhile and had to reregister because I couldn't remember my password and my old email was no longer valid. So this isn't really my first post. Anyway...

I've just acquired my first FA model 83. Absolutely love it but would like to lighten the trigger spring just a tad. I'm curious if anyone has a disassembly guide for this pistol? I've web searched and come up with almost nothing. I asked a friend who has taken his apart and he advised not to do it. Said FAs are more complicated than Rugers. So, I'm a little hesitant to dive into this one. As a side note, I own or have owned many Rugers and have taken them apart a plethora of times.

The trigger is dang near perfect as is. Crisp break at 3.5 lbs. But I like them about 2.5. And I really don't want to send this off just for this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I say leave it alone and shoot it . 3.5lbs is perfect for a big bore hunting handgun.
I agree with this. Dont think FA will lighten trigger at 2.5 lbs but you can call or email them and double check.

Have one of their action jobs and it is nice for Grizz country carry but like original crisp action specs better, at least with the m83 balance, for me. Never had a m97, so cannot offer input there.

Have harvested WT at over 100 yards with original specs, no issues there.

Enjoy your very nice, refined revolver and congrats!

·
Registered
340 Posts
FA will not set a trigger under 3lb pull weight.
Don't fix what ain't broke....
LG

·
Registered
94 Posts
FA will not set a trigger under 3lb pull weight.
Don't fix what ain't broke....
LG
Thought they said 3lbs when had 475 done, have another 454 that someone else had done even lighter, believe me 3lbs is plenty for me. FA brought that other one back up to or close to spec as I recall.

Wont change another gun.

Also, have looked at other custom guns and they are fine for sure plus love my Rugers & Marlins for what they are, but have not found I personally wanted any other custom SA or changes. So, will continue with FA for certain, cannot find a need for SA improvement on m83 period and no, I dont want free wheeling cylinder, superb work and function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts