Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Please go easy on me with this one. Can I just freeze the whole thing and then sell it that way?? I really screwed up the 1 and only other beaver I have ever caught. I'm thinking dry it, comb it out, freeze it, sell it. yes? no?? dcl.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Some buyers will buy beaver on the carcass.They take a lot of room in your freezer.
It is to your benefit,to learn proper skinning techniques.It takes practice but you will never regret learning how to handle fur.
I would rather skin beaver ,than any other animal and that includes Muskrats.Get a few thousand beaver under your belt, and I am sure you will feel the same way I do.
Beaver rule.
Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Skinning is one thing. Fleshing is another. Does it make economic sense to skin, freeze and sell un-fleshed?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
While I have never sold a beaver on the carcass, I sell a lot of them green,every year.
By skinning, you will keep a lot more of your freezer space,than carcassed beaver.This allows you to take more beaver at one time to the buyer.While some buyers will not buy beaver on the hoof--most will take them if they are skinned.
I flesh and stretch when I have time,but things are hectic--I just skin and freeze.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts