Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ya gotta eat. It sure is hard to beat good fried chicken...

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
That's how the coronel got rich.
Deaconllb

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Crispy on the outside, nice and juicy on the inside. Mashed potatoes and gravy, slice of homemade bread w/butter - and a smidgen of veggies just because you're supposed to eat them.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crispy on the outside, nice and juicy on the inside. Mashed potatoes and gravy, slice of homemade bread w/butter - and a smidgen of veggies just because you're supposed to eat them.
And then homemade pie... Heaven. At least as close as you get on this side.

·
22,249 Posts
My ma was a good cook but hands down the best fried chicken I ever ate was when I used to go home with a buddy in the service to NC. His mother could cook!! Wed go there about once a month and shed ask me what I wanted for supper and I don't think I ever chose anything but chicken. Shed make fried chicken, black eyed peas and hush puppies and to say it was fit for a king was the biggest understatement that could be made. Ill give the south that one. They do know how to make chicken and pulled pork! Ive got the pork down but never could make chicken like that women made.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took some chicken breast out of the freezer soaked it in salt water for 3 hours pounded it to about 3/4” dipped in egg wash (egg and milk half each) rolled in bread crumbs and fried about 4 mins a side. Half I put homemade spaghetti sauce, moz cheese and Parmesan. Left the other half plain. Delish...

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure wish Grandma was around to make some fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, bread and butter, green beans and corn with pie all made with her special ingredients. If ya gotta ask what the special ingredient was. Sorry...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
My wife asked me if I wanted fried chicken or hamburger steak for supper. I told her hamburger steak! Now you guys go and do this. I got no choice but to eat the hamburger steak now!

I do like fried chicken better but the hamburger was already thawed out! Some days I just can't win!

·
Registered
521 Posts
My dinner last night was twelve ounces of chicken tenders with Ranch dressin' on them, a mess o' golden fries cooked-up in my air-fryer, two little cobbettes of corn swimmin' in butter and Chicago Steak Spice and a Cobb salad from Walmart. I washed it down with a bottle of Cotton Candy-flavored Clear American water, also from Walmart. I really like the flavored waters they sell; several dozen flavors. No sugar, no calories, no salt and no caffeine. What's not to like?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like mine with a slice of watermelon and some black hide peas...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I have wings thawing in the fridge. I'm going to marinate them later in McCormicks brown sugar and bourbon seasoning. I'm going to try out wings in my air fryer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts