Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is a 44 Mag Contender pistol barrel that started as a 14" bull barrel. It now has an OPS Muzzle Brake installed by EABCO. Now it measures about 16 1/8". I put less than 100 rounds through this barrel, but I did buy it from someone else. The barrel has an excellent bore and exterior with no frame marks either. The price below includes a 2x fixed power Simmons scope, Weaver Quad rings, and Weaver base. I'm asking $275 OBO shipped to your door. I'm selling this because I'm into my revolvers for the 44 Mag now and my 7-30 Waters barrel always stays on my Contender.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS 44 Mag Contender Barrel

If anyone is interested in setting this up as a carbine just keep in mind that you'll have to use a pistol forearem.

I'm willing part this out and let the barrel go with the Weaver base for $225.00 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

jy, I'm not exactly sure. I have a rifle with the same brake; several hundred rounds through it and it hasn't come loose. I'm going to say it has to be welded on. If you like you can read up on it a bit more at www.eabco.com.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well a call to E. Arthur Brown revealed that the brake is not welded, but uses an industrial strength adhesive which EABCO considers permanent. However, BATF will not consider that permanently attached. Trying to remove it will ruin the brake and the threads on the barrel.

Please make note that this barrel is only to be used for pistols. I apologize for any confusion. The prices remain the same if anyone is interested in the package deal or the barrel by itself.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FS 44 Mag Contender Barrel - PRICE REDUCED!

New price! $210 for the barrel and scope base. If you are interested in the whole combo the price is $250 shipped to your door. Thanks for looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.