Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I only lived a half mile or so from the high school in the late 60s and early 70s. Many a morning I walked to school with either a rifle or shotgun slung over my shoulder. I'd stand the gun of the day in the corner in the principals office or the shop teachers office only because our lockers weren't tall enough to accommodate them. Many times after school I'd ride home with a buddy or he and I would take the shop teacher, football coach, (who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn) or one of the other teachers to hunt whatever was in season. Most cars in the lot had guns in them. One guys dad worked at the quarry and it wasn't unusual to see explosives in his truck. Try to imagine how that would go over today.

The only drugs I took in high school was penicillin and a beer or two here and there ;)

If getting the **** beat out of ya for messing up had been against the law, my folks, neighbors and some of my teachers would have been kept in prison for centuries after their deaths. ::)

If it rained classes were put on hold for a few minutes for teachers and students alike to run to the lot to roll up their windows and that included the trucks with full gun racks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts