Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month's copy of Fur-Fish-Game was in the mail today. In the letters section is a photo of a gorgeous Handi-Rifle. Well, the guy's hand made stock was gorgeous, and that rubbed off on the rest of the gun. Take a look and see if you don't agree!

-WH-

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
I saw the same rifle in FFG. The stock is beautiful.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats sharp ya'll, me like. Reckon the straight grip stock will make it kick harder? How cool would that be with a octagon barrel and open sights? HHHMMMMM.

·
Registered
235 Posts
fox said:
Reckon the straight grip stock will make it kick harder?
Theoretically, yes, seeing it is a shade lighter in weight.
Enough to notice? Probably not.
The only thing that changes recoil(kick) is weight and loads. Stock shape has nothing to do with recoil, while some claim otherwise it is only perceived, per individual.

·
Super Moderator
51,500 Posts
He used the knobbed screw, which is off of a vice grip tool, for quick take down using a coin, I think he could have done the same thing with a replacement slotted screw which would have looked better, I think the black knobbed screws in the FAQs would have looked better than that nickel plated piece.

Tim

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which brings up the point that, when I still had my H&R 158 in .30-30 (and don't I wish I still had it!), the forearm screw was a wide dished slot so you could use a coin to remove or tighten it. I wish they still had that!

-WH-

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yup! And on my 158 30-30, that slotted screw is a different thread than my newer Handi's. 44 Man

·
Banned
766 Posts
I agree that he could have played with the forearm more or replaced it ... But may be he like us , is a handi tinkerer and finally got it to shoot one hole groups and couldnt bring himself to alter the forearm in fear of loosing the groups lol Just an idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts