Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far i have only ship to nafa, and in September's auction, i sold one of my rats leftover from last year , i got 5.50 for a xxl rat and that was avg fall. I thought that was pretty good. Has anyone heard anything about how rats are selling or anyother furs.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Re: Fur prices? Auction prices?

Andy, the first auctions will be held in January.No December auctions this year.
Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Groeny is giving prices of $4.50, $2.50, $1.00 . Watch the grading VERY CAREFULL especially if Groenys son Guy G. is doing it. Know what you have before you go and then figure your average you would expect to get from all your rats together. BE FAIR in your grading. Anything with a bite or scar is going to be a $1 rat. IF you dont feel you are getting a fair deal TAKE YOUR FUR back and go else where.... you dont HAVE to sell to a fur buyer just because he graded your fur... good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
RdFx is right. I took his advise this year and graded all our fur before taking them to Groney. I have only dealt with G. Spang never Guy Groenwald. I seperated out all small and damaged goods, these are going to auction. Historically Groney pays poorly for those items. Ended up selling 150 or so rats at a $3.50 average. I was pleased. ***** were $15 avg. and mink $10. All of my other fur skunks, possums, weasels, low grade rats and beaver will go to auction.

Teal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts