Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not politically correct , but I have one that I modified to fit my old style Contender frame. Makes for a mountain style rifle with the 23" barrel.
Can only use open sights in Colorado, though it shoots well anyway. You should like it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really like mine. It is very light and really packs a punch. I mounted a Weaver 4X scope with Leopold QR Rings so that I can easily take the scope off and still use the iron sights.

Pharmboy

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Have had my Encore .50 caliber for about 16 months. Killed seven deer and a bout a dozen hogs with it. The load that i use currently is 120 grains of JSG and the 250 grain SST bullet. With me doing the shooting the average three shot group is about 1.25 inches at 100 yards: With my young Marine friend doing the shooting the average group shrinks to less than .75 inch.

The Encore is very easy to clean once you add a swiveling extractor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the 45cal g2 it shoots awesome ,and light. I shoot the 300 powerbelt platinum with 150 grains of triple seven Too much recoil for your little person but just a thought to tell you

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a SS 50cal barrel this year just before muzzle-loader season. I love it. I use 2 pellets of Pyrodex with 250 gr shockwaves and get 1" groups or less at 100 yds. Shot 2 deer, the last one at 125 yds. Neither deer went more than 20 feet after being hit. The gun is light, so I don't think I want to shoot it with 3 pellets, besides 2 seem to work great.

topash

1 - 9 of 9 Posts