Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on T/C's website that the new 209x45 G2 rifle barrel won't fit on old-style frames although all other barrels will. Anyone know what's up with that??

Duval

·
Registered
262 Posts
If the barrel will not fit the old Contender, what has T/C done to the barrel to make it not fit the old action? If they can make the 209x45 will they be able to make a high pressure round chamber that will not fit the old action?

·
Administrator
26,213 Posts
I believe the answer might lie with the fore end. The added material on the frame would require a different fore end than the Contender and if they put the hole spacing different so old bull barrel fore ends won't work that could explain it.

But until I actually see a G2 I won't believe they exist. Rat now they sure don't.

GB

·
Registered
54 Posts
45 Contender Muzzleloader

:) When I saw the pic of the Muzzleloader on the TC site there appeared to be a LUG on the underside of the barrel mounting lug......I believe that TC put this on to keep the barrel from closing on the Old frame......might be a recess on the new frame that will accept this.....just a thought.....Hal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hal,you are right. I just got off the phone with T-C. He told me it was a "pin". The old Contender means all Contenders. So this tells me that if you take that pin off it will fit the "Old" frames. But ya didnt hear it from me!! :roll: I forgot to ask about the forends, that mite be a prob.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like the stock on the Contender. Tough choice! The Encore, with its ~24.5" of rifling gives two more inches of barrel to burn powder. If they would only make some smaller caliber muzzleloader barrels (I would like to see a .40 cal) for that G2, the choice would be simple - own them both! ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
i need a contender in .36 caliber
shure wish i could get my hands on one !!
how long is the barrel on the contender 209x45 ??
humm ??? if the 209x45 wont fit the old contender frames ?? but who has ever seen a G2 ???
buckweet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts