Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Collector value of these guns isn't much and if there is no sentimental value to keep it stock I think it would be a good candidate for a slug gun project. Keep us posted on you progress.

·
1,858 Posts
What is the current choke? It need not be a cylinder bore to shoot accurately...Rifled slugs can be safely shot through any choke from a full choke right up to cylinder bore...I would probably not use a full choke for deer hunting but a modified or improved cylinder would be just my cup of tea. Of course, opinions may vary and you must take any advice given on the internet with a grain of salt...Personal experience is the best teacher. Go shoot the thing and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, before I do anything,I'll take it out and shoot it.I haven't actually got it yet-but should in the next week.I was hoping by posting on this board someone who owned an H&R bolt action Game master would share their opinion and comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.