Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am acquiring up an older ''Gamemaster'' bolt action 12 guage.I will either leave it as is, or mount firesights on it and use it for a slug gun.Any suggestions or comments?

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Collector value of these guns isn't much and if there is no sentimental value to keep it stock I think it would be a good candidate for a slug gun project. Keep us posted on you progress.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other comments have been that it was beneficial to cut the barrel eliminating any choke ,if the objective was to make a slug gun out of it.Accuracy was supposed to be improved.

·
1,876 Posts
What is the current choke? It need not be a cylinder bore to shoot accurately...Rifled slugs can be safely shot through any choke from a full choke right up to cylinder bore...I would probably not use a full choke for deer hunting but a modified or improved cylinder would be just my cup of tea. Of course, opinions may vary and you must take any advice given on the internet with a grain of salt...Personal experience is the best teacher. Go shoot the thing and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, before I do anything,I'll take it out and shoot it.I haven't actually got it yet-but should in the next week.I was hoping by posting on this board someone who owned an H&R bolt action Game master would share their opinion and comments

·
1,876 Posts
I have actually never heard of such a firearm before...If you can, post a pic when you actually own the firearm so we can see what it looks like.

Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts