Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the trigger weight is fine and crisp now that i have it adjusted, but how do i get rid of what feels like about 1/8" of trigger creep?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
turn in the sear engagement screw on the back. Make sure it won't slam fire when you throw the bolt closed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nobade said:
turn in the sear engagement screw on the back. Make sure it won't slam fire when you throw the bolt closed.
That is exactly right. Cock the unloaded rifle and turn the sear engagement screw in until the pin falls...then back off about 1/3 turn. Play with it until you get the creep out. You may have to increase the pull weight again to get a safe trigger. BE SURE AND RUN ALL THE SAFETY CHECKS...Rapidly cock the bolt several times and make sure the trigger doesn't release....cock it, put the safety on, try to pull the trigger several times, release the safety and make sure the pin doesn't drop. Bang the butt of the cocked rifle on the floor several times to make sure the pin doesn't drop. Anytime you mess with the sear engagement screw...PERFORM ALL THE REQUIRED SAFETY CHECKS BEFORE LOADING.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Frank DeHaas' book, published some years back by Digest Books, "Bolt Action Rifles", gives details on trigger adjustments for quite a few models. Most of these are probably dated but very informative as to the correct procedures. The Rem 700 is among the rifles covered.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
:D texagun, good advice, you named all the standard the saftey checks. Everyone should know these things before they mess with their trigger, but it is a sad fact that alot of folks don't.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ramrod,

sad huh, well i followed the directions just as they were given. i guess you know it all then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts