Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second forum that I'm on now that's affected by this new upgrade.

How do I get rid of them so I can read the text?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
10,974 Posts
Can you provide a picture of the anomaly? I cannot see what you are seeing. From the relative silence, no one else is seeing this.

Have you deleted your cache, history, site cookies, etc., and restarted your machine? Start there with CTRL-SHFT-DEL all at the same time. Check every box and execute. Restart your machine. Let us know so we can diagnose further if it persists.

·
2,584 Posts
I had the same issue with the new format using Windows 7. Old computer. Tried the above suggestions, didn't matter. Installed Chrome as my browser, and now it works fine. Kept Windows 7 on my computer as well, since I am used to it, and don't care for some of Chromes features.

Larry

Reactions: tactical lever

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you provide a picture of the anomaly? I cannot see what you are seeing. From the relative silence, no one else is seeing this.

Have you deleted your cache, history, site cookies, etc., and restarted your machine? Start there with CTRL-SHFT-DEL all at the same time. Check every box and execute. Restart your machine. Let us know so we can diagnose further if it persists.
Restarted, refreshed, and can't see any reason for it. I am stuck with an old operating system for my tablet, so I think the site is ruined for it. Totally unusable. Works ok on my phone, but I don't take part in forums very much with it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,974 Posts
That is a new one! You can try Bill's and/or Larry's suggestion(s).

That is a puzzle piece that forms an imperfect picture. Can you zoom way out (post another picture)? What does the "overlay" of down arrows and circles really look like?

I' m guessing here - something may be writing itself "always on top" and there is a transparency and zoom mismatch. I'm not tech savvy in platform or evolving browsing system code. If you can see the top-most level, from a "30,000-foot level", and it makes any sense, there might be a solution.

Have you researched this on the Net? You and Larry are not the only ones.

You say that this is your second forum that has made an upgrade and both have affected your tablet this way. Does the other forum use the same platform as the current GBO2?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a new one! You can try Bill's and/or Larry's suggestion(s).

That is a puzzle piece that forms an imperfect picture. Can you zoom way out (post another picture)? What does the "overlay" of down arrows and circles really look like?

I' m guessing here - something may be writing itself "always on top" and there is a transparency and zoom mismatch. I'm not tech savvy in platform or evolving browsing system code. If you can see the top-most level, from a "30,000-foot level", and it makes any sense, there might be a solution.

Have you researched this on the Net? You and Larry are not the only ones.

You say that this is your second forum that has made an upgrade and both have affected your tablet this way. Does the other forum use the same platform as the current GBO2?
Believe it is the same forum platform. It's Survivalist Boards.

IMG_20210112_155640_1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,974 Posts
thanks. It is getting clearer, though remains undefined. Is that as far out as zoom allows? So weird. A crest with a "lightning bolt" thingy in it.

There it IS!!! It is an AVATAR based anomaly! I have that shield in my avatar. Bill has one. Big Easy has one. We're Moderators and have that shield. Your tablet is displaying our shields as HUGE by comparison.

I see it on my screen in its normal size (tiny by comparison) and correct position in the lower right corner of the avatar. I see it displayed in your picture - but yours is HUGE.

Try eliminating your avatar...but I suspect that won't solve this. There is a mismatch in your display with the code interpretation of that shield.

I also don't understand the giant opaque circles, other than your tablet "could be" interpreting platform code for a "period" into that huge opaque circle. How to resolve, IDK...

·
2,584 Posts
That is exactly what I see on my computer screen when I sign on with Windows 7. Sign on with Chrome, or my cell phone, and it is fine. One of the new Admins to this sight during the change over was also stumped, and recommended trying the Chrome browser. Windows 7 is no longer supported, and when I use it, it is getting slow and buggy. That may also be the case for the operating system on your device?

Larry

Reactions: tactical lever
1 - 9 of 9 Posts