Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sponsoring gift hunts for deserving veterans since 2013 and just returned from gift hunt #9. As always my group really enjoyed meeting such a fine deserving veteran who gave much for all of us.

We traveled from far and near, from Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida to all meet up at the very nice cabin located in Johnson County, Georgia. We hunted 4 days and our group of 5 took 3 hogs. The hunt is fair Chase on various properties totalling 3500 acres.

We surprise our guest, once they arrive, with a brand new rifle and scope. This year the rifle was a Mossberg Patriot in .308 with a Burris FourX 1.5-6x42 with illuminated reticle. Pics of the rifle and our great veteran guest with his nice boar shown below.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,839 Posts
Congratulations in multiple categories, successful hunt, sincere thanks for your Selectee's service, giving back, choosing a beautiful Mossberg, Burris scopes are nice too, I could go on. Which of those young fellows pictured are you (center right in blue - SWAG)?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations in multiple categories, successful hunt, sincere thanks for your Selectee's service, giving back, choosing a beautiful Mossberg, Burris scopes are nice too, I could go on. Which of those young fellows pictured are you (center right in blue - SWAG)?
It was the very last morning before we all headed out for home and no one else was around, so I took the picture of our group. I'm very lucky to have such fine men as friends who pencil this trip in for me each and every year. The elder statesman is 82 and this was his 6th gift hunt. Another good friend travels from Wisconsin and has been on all but one of the gift hunts with me.

I'll add a shout out here to the owner of the camp and business, "Woods N Water", Blaine Burley for his assistance over the years and also to the organization "Operation Second Chance" who locates a fine American service member for us to host and assists with their travel to the camp when needed. 🇱🇷🇱🇷

1 - 5 of 5 Posts