Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this? It's supposed to be shorter than the .45 ACP. They had an M37 chambered for it at the SHOT show.

Anyone have a clue where I can read more about this new round?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was at the Shot Show in Orlando this last weekend. A supplier who I do not wish to name because he was obviously letting "the cat out of the bag" showed me the new Glock cartridge. On the base, it was labeled "Glock .45". I didn't have my reading glasses with me so there may have been more on it than I "saw".

It is about the length of a 9 mm round but a 45 cal. cartridge. It is somewhat equivalent in the relationship between a 45 Colt cartridge and a 45 Schofield.

I was told that this cartridge is aimed directly at the 40 S&W market. I did not get ballistics on it, but clearly it will offer greater opportunity to stack 10 cartridges in a smaller frame than a G30.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Again, I am mystified as to how a shorter round will increase magazine capacity and allow a smaller frame to be used with this round.
Guess I'll have to wait to find out!!!
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Savage,

I think when they say "smaller", they mean fore & aft measurements of the grip, not side to side thickness. Maybe?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Mainspring,
Check out my post on this forum under the "New Glock .45 Round" thread. I took some measurements on three of my Glocks that might interest you.
Stay Safe,
Savage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts