myself, i haven't had much luck as far as medical help
the last few years. most of what i encountered were more
concerned with finding out how far they could push the
insurance company for funds, then how deep my pockets
were.
"oh. . .you're still sick/hurting ? what insurance company did
you say you have ?. . ."
:mad::mad::mad:
Believe me, doctors know to the dollar how much they can milk the insurance companies. Biggest scam going on in the country today in my opinion.

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just got back from the doctor, and Linda's right knee is worse than my left one.
And my right knee is worse than her left one.
Confused yet?🙈

Anyway, Linda has the worst of the 4 knees, so she has her first replacement the 21st of next month.

They shot my really bad one full of rooster snot or some such stuff, saying maybe that would help me till it was my turn.

Anyway, this doc says; he!l yeah. We can fix that.
So maybe the light in the tunnel ain't a train.

To celebrate, we almost hit a cow on the way home. The cow was totally ok with being hit, and did everything she could to end it all right then and there.
Me, not so much. Linda actually complemented me on my "evasive action".
Usually not the case. 🤗

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I learned two things from my knee work: get the best ortho you can (I got a guy popular with NHL players), and don't let your wife control the pain meds. ;) I wish I still had the ice pack that connects to an igloo cooler jug - that thing is awesome. Praying your surgery gets you where you want to be!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Just got back from the doctor, and Linda's right knee is worse than my left one.
And my right knee is worse than her left one.
Confused yet?🙈

Anyway, Linda has the worst of the 4 knees, so she has her first replacement the 21st of next month.

They shot my really bad one full of rooster snot or some such stuff, saying maybe that would help me till it was my turn.

Anyway, this doc says; he!l yeah. We can fix that.
So maybe the light in the tunnel ain't a train.

To celebrate, we almost hit a cow on the way home. The cow was totally ok with being hit, and did everything she could to end it all right then and there.
Me, not so much. Linda actually complemented me on my "evasive action".
Usually not the case. 🤗
I been shot up with that rooster snot , it feels good until after it wears off , then the pain returns times 3.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Glad you've got a doc that's confident and a doc your confident in. As I mentioned earlier, I've been through 2 with my mom. I know a little about it, if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll try to answer.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Here's hoping for good luck on the surgery for both you and your wife, Dee. I think the secret is both a surgeon and a therapist that know what they are doing. My wife had knee replacement several years ago after hobbling around for years and complaining about how bad her knee hurt but wouldn't jump in and have it fixed. She finally did and it's made a world of difference for her---and me too. :) No more knee pain and her recovery time was short.

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This was our third doc, and every thing was different in the way we were treated.
He has worked on several of our friends.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
In September I had my left knee replaced about three weeks later the therapist had me go down steps like a normal person would. Up until then I was walking better than I had in years. When I stepped down something tore in my knee. Therapy was stopped for three weeks. In that time scared tissue built up. So I had to have it force bent. Went back to therapy . About this time an infection developed. I was treated with steroids five times between Nov and Mar. Then a sample of the infection was taken , I had a bacterial infection. Then I went on a antibiotics which seemed to clear it up. So another force bending was set up. A few days before the surgery the infection returned. Then it was decided there must be something in the knee causing the infection to keep returning. So it was opened up and an abses was found. It was removed last wrnsday. I have the leg in a brace now. Monday I find out if it helped.
There is a new treatment that came out of stem cell research. I would / will try that before replacement on my right knee . I know many who have had knee replacements and about half have trouble. Often it is blamed on not doing the therapy. I did everything and still had trouble . I can't see my left leg but my left foot is about trice as thick as my right foot from swelling.
I have worked about seven weeks since September .

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I hear those stories, and it does seem like a crap shoot. We have 5 or 6 friends whom have used this doctor, Linda is on a walker, a wheelchair is next. So I guess we're gonna proceed.

They shot rooster snot into my worst knee yesterday, and it feel a lot better.
It ain't fixed, but it feels better.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
I hear those stories, and it does seem like a crap shoot. We have 5 or 6 friends whom have used this doctor, Linda is on a walker, a wheelchair is next. So I guess we're gonna proceed.

I have shots in my left knee every 6 months.
each round of shots costs $1000 and so far the insurance has covered it.
And the shots keep me out of the operating room.:tango_face_smile:

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

I have shots in my left knee every 6 months.
each round of shots costs $1000 and so far the insurance has covered it.
And the shots keep me out of the operating room.
Well, they told me this would last 6 months. I'm hoping.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My wife had a full knee replacement last Sept. After the replacement she was walking right away and within a couple of months, the knee was as good or better than new. When I heard there was too much damage to replace, I had a pause. How cans something that is removed and replaced with new parts be too damaged to replaced? I wish you and your wife the best of luck with your adventure.

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks blue duck we're full steam ahead on getting better.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I got shots iny knee . They lasted about four months and they helped slot. I was to the point I had no choice with replacement.
Good luck

21 - 40 of 45 Posts