Graybeard Outdoors banner

Gold and silver

870 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  eddiegjr 
#1 ·
Great weekend to buy metals, gold and silver hit awesome lows, 1057.00 for gold, silver near 14.00
Looking forward to taking some "quantitatively eased/diluted" dollars and turning it into
something tangible.

#3 ·
With what we have coming at us, neither gold or silver are the type of tangibles that are going to be of any value. You can't use it as a weapon, eat it, use it to as shelter or cure illness. When I think of tangibles this is my criteria. If i'm looking to make money, I look for items that give me some control of value. Precious metals value are controlled in such a way that allows me no say. Good luck with your investment.

#4 ·
there will be areas of judgement and areas of blessing.
The fervent effectual prayers of a righteous man availeth much,
according to our Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.
this won't be a sudden collapse but a slow leak economically
before the bang, we are seeing it already,Israel must reclaim a large area as it
was given to Father Abraham, we are on G-d's time.
We shouldn't ever put all our eggs in one basket.
if we get delivered before hand, those left will need something
to sustain them. It is when we take the focus off ourselves and look to those
of our house, community, world, that we understand the Father who would give
His only Begotten Son for us.
Many of us who have been blessed with eyes to see and ears to hear are where He would have us prepare financially as a witness to how He cares for those who know Him and are called according to His Purpose.
I didn't write the book, but I know the author.
Blessings

#5 ·
REALIST NEWS - Web Bot - Bitcoin Alert - Jumps to $372
(Silver is supposed to spike higher after Bitcoin goes over $408 for the third or 4th time)
-
(I know zero about bit coin it is just interesting following what the Web Bot search system comes up with in forecasting. I don't subscribe to the Web Bot guy either, I just listen to this guy a couple of times a week. ear)
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwt3e6mSa98

#8 ·
#11 ·
Thanks for the though GS but I've got plenty of 22s. It's just that at this point in eternity I don't see how gold or silver will help you.

I mean you can't take it with you. Or are you planning on staying here. I'm not, I'm listening for the trumpet calling us home..... ;)

#12 ·
I will stay here as long as I can. I have kids and grand kids that I hope will survive for quite a while. Maybe any wealth that isn't stolen by the banks or other crooks will help them get by. I am certainly not giving up yet. Our first assignment is to take care of this world.

#13 ·
Old said:
With what we have coming at us, neither gold or silver are the type of tangibles that are going to be of any value. You can't use it as a weapon, eat it, use it to as shelter or cure illness. When I think of tangibles this is my criteria. If i'm looking to make money, I look for items that give me some control of value. Precious metals value are controlled in such a way that allows me no say. Good luck with your investment.

“Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head.”[/color]
[/color]
[/size]http://commodityhq.com/education/top-seven-warren-buffett-quotes-on-gold-investing/[/color]

#14 ·
Things are breaking behind the scenes I think, hence the three week plus beat down on metals and the central bankers emergency meeting last monday. The petro dollar is in its death throws anyhow, hence the urge to war. I suppose if I don't burn up in nuclear fire it will stink just a little less for me since I planned ahead.

#16 ·
blind said:
I will stay here as long as I can. I have kids and grand kids that I hope will survive for quite a while. Maybe any wealth that isn't stolen by the banks or other crooks will help them get by. I am certainly not giving up yet. Our first assignment is to take care of this world.

The first assignment under the new covenant is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, & mind. And the second is like unto it. To love our neighbor as ourselves. At least that's what Jesus said.

What God has prophesied will happen in His time and we really can't prepare for it with earthly goods. Better to lay up our riches in heaven. Spend our wealth getting the gospel message out to the lost. The eternal dividends will be much greater than any wealth we could lay up on earth. ;)

#17 ·
Jesus ran the money changers from the temple. If we don't do our due dilligence gudgement may disappoint us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.