Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x10 for $250 and was wondering if this was a good deal? The scope is in excellent shape the only noticeable thing about it is that you can tell where the scope rings were. :D

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Is it the 40mm or 50mm version? Also, is it matte or glossy (matte versions are a tad bit more expensive. Also how old is it?

If it's a relatively new 40mm version, then $250 is a good deal, if it's the 50mm version, then it's a better deal.

The good thing about Leupolds is that, if anything is wrong with it, then you have the Leupold warranty peace of mind.

Zachary

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is a real bargin. Take quick peek on ebay if you want to check what they go for used. Id buy it, and keep it if i needed it, or sell it and buy what i needed. Cant lose at that price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 40mm and I believe its the glossy finish. It shines a bit. I did get mainly because of the Leupold name and the warranty that is with it. Oh, it also has an adjustable objective lens. :sniper: :gun4:

·
3,205 Posts
I am 46 and getting older. Patience is not what blows my hair back. I live in an area where people tend to keep their scopes FOREVER. And then if for some reason they decide to sell them they want 5 dollars less that what they paid for them. "After all, this scope is only 10 years old and it is good as new" :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Longwinters,

If the resale values up there are soo high, and if people are willing (foolish) enough to buy used scopes at such higher resale prices, it sounds like you could have a good used scope business up in the U.P.

I went to law school in Michigan my first year and froze my butt. Needless to say, I transferred out and got my LL.M. in International law down here is Sunny Miami. Anyway, while I was up there I didn't have the chance to gauge the market for scopes. Had I known that, and had ebay been available at that time, I bet you that I could have made a nice little side money to pay for my law school.

Zachary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts