Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i got a new Win Super X 2 camo NWTF gun with a 24 inch bar. and sights i have it order and the gun store said it was here i got a call i had to work going to pick it up today and taking it out to Anderson Custom Shotgun's having the foring cone and a custom choke made for it to shoot the new win hevi shot i had a new Benelli it was new i trade for it i like the looks of the Sx2 shotguns VM

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi justannie2 thanks you live in Miss. If you you have all kinds of turkeys. I was going to come over and hunt. But every body i talk to said the season was running late . The bird wasnt gobbling very good until the very end of season . VM :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
The birds were gobbling good at the beginning of the season here. At the end they were quiet. I never heard one gobble the morning I harvested my turkey. He just came sneaking in. But then having a 12 5/8 inch beard he had to of learned SOME smarts :wink:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi one of my bird was a good size one. 23 pounder 10 3/4 in beard 1 1/4 spurs. I killed that one the last day of season. NEVER gobble one time! VM

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd just started turkey hunting this past Spring. So I was amazed I could even call a turkey in :) Was so exciting to see them come in. Though I never did see any hens.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi i called hens in every TIME i went out in. I called 3 or 4 bearded hens in . I think when the sun hits a gobbler tail feathers he is pretty bird. I love to hear them gobble. I called in more long beards this spring than i did jakes. I killed a turkey the First time i ever went hunting it was a jake and after that i have been hook. I killed a jake one time that had 6 small beards the longest one was 5 1/2 inchs 5.0 , 4 3/4 , 4.0, 3.0, 2 3/4, was the size of the beards. I wish the bird would had been 2 or 3 yrs older. VM :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts