Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy answered! He's still alive!

Dear Mr. Hall,

Thank You very much for the interesting letter concerning the karabiner No. XXXX who was in former time mine, and has now its home in the USA. This weapon was as a loan given to me at the time of my army service.

With this weapon I served my Army-time and a following 5/6 military exercises. Then these weapon was changed to an Sturngewehr (Swiss Stgw 57). In my mind the Karabiner (K31) was my personal weapon, the Sturmgewehr wasn't it. It (the Sturmgewehr) was only "Army-Material".

So i am very glad that i know that my Karabiner has now a personal owner again. So i wish you good luck an much pleasure with your purchase.

With best regards:
Werner Pulver

Too cool huh? 76 yrs old now.... 8)

·
Registered
117 Posts
re: Got letter back! K31...

Hello...

How old would Herr Pulver be at present?

How did you get his address?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: re: Got letter back! K31...

Type99 said:
Hello...

How old would Herr Pulver be at present?

How did you get his address?

Thanks,
Gary
Name tag inside buttplate...as stated in my 1st reply, 76 yrs old now.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Congratulations!!

I too tried to find my rifles previous owner. I did not do as well. Could not find anyone with his full name in Switzerland. Found nobody by his last name in the Swiss city. Could not find his old address either in that city.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My K-31 was made in 1938. I found no name/note under the butt plate. I was dissappointed with that, but am very happy with the rifle. It shoots the GP 11 ammunition quite well. I have some Hornady soft points ordered, and will soon be loading my own from those cases. 8)

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Congrats I got a tag with mine but could not find any address or name now that matched my tag Glad you had better luck than I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts