Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my NEF 12 ga back today from getting a pollychoke II installed on it I had the extended ventilated choke installed. Looks like the folks at Pollychoke did a great job. I ask to have the lenght of the barrel to stay at 28 inches and they did just that. Can't wait to take it out and see what a can do with the 9 different choke settings. Shouldering the gun it seems a little bit front heavy but I think I'll get use to that.
I'll post later to let you all know how it works.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Got my 12 ga back from getting a pollychoke

That sounds cool! What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? I've never heard of anyone having a poly choke installed on an H&R. Post a pic if you can.

·
1,876 Posts

This is a first in my book...Post a pic please. Sounds neat...I have a polychoke on my Grandfather's Winchester Model 12 16GA shotgun and I like the fact that I can select almost any choke for the job by just cranking the tube.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey guys I never have any luck posting pictures on here. But here is the URL for the Pollychoke that I had installed.

http://www.poly-choke.com/choke.htm

The cost was as follows.

$135.00 for the choke installation included.
$20.00 for shipping and handling
$14.35 for shipping the whole gun to them.

Total cost: $169.35
Yes I know I had it installed on a $89.00 gun but the way I look at it if it works the way they say its like having 9 different guns in one.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts

$170 to accessorise an $89 shotgun.... You my friend are a true Handi-holic. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Took the 12 ga out this morning before work and went out to the back side of the area, Setup four 3ft by 3ft targets. Stepped off 35 yrds. First shot was with the extra full setting. 130 some pellets in a 12 in circle. Me thinks I have another turkey gun. Next was the full setting. 116 in the circle at this setting. Mod was next 98 in the circle this time. full open/cyl bore 66 in the circle this time. This choke really works, Makes me feel better about spending the money for it ...well actually the GF paid for it as a late Birthday present. Next I want to see how it shoots slugs. I was shooting remington long range 6 shot for testing. I might have gotten a better result from the full open if I was using a smaller shot size but it gives me a pretty good idea how its going to dso in the field.

·
Registered
520 Posts

The "GF"?
Did you mean the "game warden"? ......mmmmmmmm....?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yes offhand35 I'm dating a DNR officer..... Hey Laura wants to know if you never hunt or fish in Maryland ? If so she would like to know what kind of vehicle you driver ? just kidding.

·
Registered
520 Posts

I'll remember to follow EVERY letter of the law while in MD IF I ever do hunt or fish there. I've only done 2 things in MD: drive through and break down in the process of driving through......all my hunting and fishing so far has been in CT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts