Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 1st deer with a handgun,my 1st year

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: CONGRATS Jamie,I know you are very proud & you have a right to be.I remember my 1st with a handgun I think Im prouder of that one than I am of the others
CONGRATS AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
FIRST DEER

:D ...AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK...ANOTHER HANDGUN HUNTER IS BORN...KING[/img]

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Congradulations. I recently shot my first hog with my Raging Bull in .480 Ruger. Where I hunt, deer are everywhere and come into the feeders which are hardly ever more than 50 yards away from the blind. As such, deer often walk right past the blind - I'm talking as close as 15 FEET, not yards. A rifle in such a situation would be ridiculous, but it would be a blast with a handgun. (This year I didn't shoot a deer with my handgun because I was waiting for a hog.)

Again, congratulations.

Zachary :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for all the kind words

Thanks again guys

And there is now a handgun hunter for life

and the guys in deer camp are all excited to try.

Now i need another gun for the little stuff ( rabbits and stuff)

the .45 is just a bit much for fax squirrels even though we grow then big up here in Michigan

JAmie

·
Registered
233 Posts

:D Congrats. Now you have the bug!!! The only way to get rid of it is to go hunting. And Shooting in th eoff season!!

Have Fun

Hcliff

·
Registered
11 Posts

Congrats, my only deer ever came along this year with my gp-100. the .357 isnt the best choice but a 180 bullet that puts a .75" hole thru both lungs and the otherside is sure to bring death every time. its sure was great to get a deer with my handgun, though i do want a .45colt for a little more umph.

congrats again, it sure is a different community

1 - 6 of 6 Posts