Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I GOT SKUNKED :'( Since I don't ML hunt, my season is over. So this is the only deer I will get to have hanging this year. I wanted to actually do this in the yard, but the wife didn't see the humor in that. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
My wife wouldn't see the humor either. I love it.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
now that I like!!!....<><....:)

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Sorry to hear that Cookie, but you had some time in the woods, I envy you that, I'm not eating venison again this year too, didn't even get to set foot in the woods. There's always next year to look forward to, right!! ;)

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving,

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
:D :D :D :D
You got me Cookiemann !! I clicked on to see what you got,not expecting what I saw! ROFLMAO.Can't understand the wifes objecting to it,but then again I'm happily single.Maybe I'm warped too :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Sorry no luck Rich but that is a funny pic! By the way that 20 ga. barrel you sold me for turkeys for my wife turned into a great slug shooter for me...the more I shoot it the more I like it. easily 2" group at 75 yds. about the maximum distance I will shoot it for deer. Even better I would think at \50 yds. and this is with plain Rem 2.75 slugs. Not bad I think.

Joe

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great Joe. Glad you're getting some use of that barrel. Those Rem Sluggers are what I shoot. Which ones are ya shootin'. I shoot the 5/8oz in the 20ga and the 1oz in the 12ga. Last year's deer was taken with the 1/2oz Rem Slugger and the 20ga Tracker I. Bang-Flop-Flop! About 60yds.
Glad y'all like my Hangin' Deer. I laughed my butt off the first time I saw it, too.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I sighted it in with the 5/8oz ones. But I started the sighting with some Winchester foster slugs I had laying around and they grouped even better 1/2 oz I believe. But I couldn't find any more around here so picked up the Rem sluggers. Tomorrow I will try them out on the deer.

Joe

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the sights off my T1 back in the spring when I had the choke installed. I re-sighted it with the 1/2 oz after that and then again with the 5/8oz this fall. Never shot anything but paper with it after the 5/8oz sight in, so I don't really know how they do on game, but the 1/2oz got it done last deer season.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
That is a good one. I don't think too many married guys could get away with that one. But it serves the wife right for making a guy hang the lights.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Cookieman,

I'm right there with you, I got skunked too. But I had a more rewarding time hunting with the wife (she harvested her first and missed one) and taking the kids. Hopefully, one of these days I will not have to worry about meat in the freezer, just skinning, butching, and packaging them. The rabbit season is in and I enjoy the Beagles running the rabbits.

Take Care!

Froghunter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts