Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after over a year of my time, and sweat, plus four months at the engraver/gunsmith; I have my completed Remington Hepburn home again!
I sent it to Dale Woody at Gun Fancy back in March, to have the factory casehardening, and engraving done. He did an outstanding job, including recutting the rollstamps on the barrel, and receiver! He also did some truly beautiful engraving, on the receiver, with a small touch on the barrel. The barrel was rust blued in the original fashion, and all the screws were fire blued. It's truly a piece of artwork, but not too pretty to shoot!
I had hoped to use it this fall for deer or elk, but drew none of my special hunt tags. I may still try general season to break it in!

No sights mounted yet, and I haven't decided exactly whether I will put the full length brass scope back on, iron sights, or maybe both as a option? For now I'm just going to be glad it's back, and finally done after over 16 months!

·
Registered
700 Posts
NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE.

life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

·
Registered
61 Posts
Friend of mine is putting one of these together from a box of parts. He has everything but a trigger. Any idea where a trigger may be obtained? Any help appreciated-been looking for a long time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
your rifle

Beautiful old rifle. Excuse my ignorance, please, but what caliber is it?

s.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: your rifle

stuffit said:
Beautiful old rifle. Excuse my ignorance, please, but what caliber is it?

s.
Oops! Sorry, I forgot to add that detail. They were chambered for numerous calibers, but this one is a .45-70 cal. Thanks.

25-20,
I believe someone is actually reproducing Hepburns, and they should have the parts. let me chack my Single Shot Exchange, and ASSRA journals, and see if I can find that info for you!

fe352v8,
THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, etc.... :grin:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2520 said:
Friend of mine is putting one of these together from a box of parts. He has everything but a trigger. Any idea where a trigger may be obtained? Any help appreciated-been looking for a long time.
OK, here you go! DZ has been around since 1991, and they have a web site!
http://www.hepman.com/dzarms.html
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Single Shot Rifles

Marlinman,

A fantastic peice of work, Would love to put one in my safe. Regards and good shooting...........Joe.........

·
Administrator
26,085 Posts
Marlinman, your e-mail is bouncing. Says you do not have an account under the name you are using. Please fix your e-mail or stop watching this and any other topic as GBO cannot send you e-mail notices.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

Bill, trying to fix the email, but can't figure out how to turn it on.
edit-Found the email setting on my profile. Thanks Bill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts