Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be near impossible doing the things I have to do around here without one.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Is there a recipe for that?

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't we eat fruit? And the one I use is only an 8in. And it's a lot safer than standing on a ladder using a bow saw. Some larger limbs die and need to be removed. It has nothing to do with a steak. The Sharp Shop put what he called a pruning chain on it. He uses them on his pecan trees.

·
22,249 Posts
ive got 6 chain saws last time I counted. All Stihls. My favorite is the one my wife bought me last year for fathers day. An electric battery stihl with a 12 in bar. That little saw will do 90 percent of what I want to do with a saw. No gas smell if I throw it in the jeep. I even use vegetable oil in the chain oiler. I know its not the best lube but so far it works and that way I can even use it to help when im butchering 2 or 3 deer in the same day. To be honest I haven't burned wood or had to cut for a living in many years and could probably get by with just that little saw. It will run the equivelant of my small gas stihls tank of gas on one charge and has more power then the little gas saw. Battery charges from dead to full in 2 hours. It rides in my jeep all the time except when I use it around the house. Best thing is no pulling and pulling and pulling to start a saw that's sat for months. Just pull the trigger and cut. Sat in my jeep all winter and the battery was still full this spring. Only downside to it is it costs about twice what a little gas saw costs.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have a gas saw but for anything within 100 ft of an outlet I use either a Remington electric for small stuff or a larger black and Decker electric. When cutting up a downed tree that would require you to stop sawing and move branches and pieces it is very convenient. The Remington will run off of my 1000 watt generator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts