Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to make a trip to Colorado and i need a GPS for mainly driving directions. As i am fixing to be a "broke" college kid I need one that isn't gonna break the bank(still have to purchase a notebook)
i found one that received a pretty good rating and was relatively inexpensive. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good buy?
http://www.thegpsstore.com/Detail-Lowrance-iFinder-Basic.asp

If i should look at a different model please let me know i'm open for all sugestions.

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the Etrex but wasn't impressed by the ratings they gave on the site. But the Garmin V does look like what i need. I won't be using it for marine use or trails. I just need one for driving directions. The most i would want to spend is around $280. I still got to drop about a grand on a notebook. More than likely a Dell.

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry i don't mean to sound complicated but i'm new to a GPS. I've never used one. I just need one for my road trip to college. It's gonna be in the truck the whole time and just used for driving directions. I just want one that will be reliable for that and only that. i could care less about trail use. I'm not gonna be able to hunt while i'm out there so it's not really a big concern.

Is there any way someone could give me links to everything i would need to get for this application. Like i said i'm new to these things.

If it sounds like i'm not very appreciative of the info you have gave me....thats not the way i meant for it sound. I just don't understand anything about them to even go purchase one for the application i need it for.

Again thanks for all of your help.

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually if UT offered the courses i wanted to take i would be there but they don't. The school i am going to is CST (Colorado School of Trades). I'll be enrolling in their Gunsmithing program. Then more than likely i'll be working at Gander Mt. until i turn 21. Then i shall head back out here and open up my own shop and sporting goods store.

Their program has been running since 1947. So i thought that it would be a good place to take my classes. As far as i know theren't isn't even a school that offers a gunsmithing program.

So the package deal is what i need to get. Where can i find the additional MMC cards?

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the help. i think i'm gonna go with the Lowrance package i found. Now i just have to learn how to use the dang thing. :? I'm gonna take maps along also but i would feel more comfortable if i had a GPS along for the ride. I got alittle while to plan all of this but i just wanna have all of my stuff ready.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.