Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GB - Did you get the PM I sent to you a few days ago? I never got a reply from you.

·
Administrator
26,055 Posts
Oophs, yes I did. At the time I was busy and couldn't get into a response and just plain forgot it was there. I get few PMs and only when I get one to I ever see the inbox and it is just too easy for a fellow like me with CRS to remember if it ain't in front of my face.

Answer is this:

I really have no proper place for New Product or New Website announcements. I am considering adding such a feature and it MAY show up in the future. Since the site is funded by advertisers I can't just let folks put what amounts to ads on here for no cost.

What I think is best in your case since you are a somewhat regular poster on this site is when you post a message or make a contribution to some on going thread is to put a hot link to your site at the bottom of your message so folks can click it to go to your site. That will let folks with an interest in your calls know how to reach you and even let them know you have calls if you use the name of the business in the hot link. I've always allowed this method of letting folks know of your website if you are a poster on my site. I don't consider that advertisement personally so don't see it as a conflict with those who have paid ads on my site.

In case you or anyone else is interested I also offer a special deal to folks who wish to place ads in the forums but who aren't advertisers on the site. For $50 per year you can advertise on any single forum by placing an ad as a thread on the forum. For $100 per year you can do that on any appropriate forum for the product being sold to include the Classifieds. I have a few folks who take advantage of this. Billy Marr started out that way and apparently did well and became a banner advertiser as a result.

Sorry for not getting back with you but e-mail as opposed to PMs is really the best way to get a response from me as I see them stareing me in the face each time I open the e-mail account until I answer them. PMs I see only when a new one comes in and I don't always have to for a response to it then and if not my CRS sometimes takes over and I forget there is one there to be answered.

GB

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great answer GB. While there isn't much snow on top to reflect it in my case, CRS has settled in right below "on top" as well sometimes. Sounds like you have your policies well thought out at GBO, fair to all concerned and I will gladly follow them. I appreciate your site where we can all get together, and that is why I asked before doing anything. Catch you in the forums...

Ladobe
WildCalls2K[/url]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts