Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new factory laminate thumbhole stock last week. Like a little kid at Christmas I couldn't wait to get it mounted. It's a beautiful piece of workmanship, but I can't use it. There is not nearly enough rise in the rear of the stock for me to see down the scope. It would be just about right if I were using iron sights. Now I feel like a kid that didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. Just to see if it was me or the new stock I remounted the monte carlo stock on my Ultra and I could see. @#$%*!!!!! I guess I'll have to stick with the original. I do recommend the thumbhole, it's a great looking piece of wood. But I don't recommend it if you have a short face, like me. And I always thought I was pretty average!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
cgturner7, Im not sure if you would want to consider this as an option, but my .223 was the same way and to solve the problem... I had a shellholder already on the stock, and from my previous shotguning experiance I found a deal that they sell at sportsmans and basspro. It is basicly a sleave that slides over the stock that has adjustable pre-cut foam peices to put in it. So I made my own. I had some leftover foam that i used on my shotgun and put that leftover peice under the shell holder on the .223 and it works great now! every shot is a dead prarrie dog! Just a thought. Let me know what you think.
Hank.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
cgturner7,

If you decide to sell your thumbhole stock, I would like to have first shot at it.

Thanks,
Bobby

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
I sent him the same in a PM yesterday Bobby but I have not heard from him. Perhpas he does not check in on a regular basis....<><....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts