Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen or know if there are any Grey Fox around northeast corner of IN? Furbuyer I talked to today said they were rare around here. I know there are Reds as I have shot a couple in the past. Looking for a nice Red and Grey this year if possible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
I live in the NE corner of the state, have my whole life. I have been told that there are gray fox around, but I have never seen one. I have seen lots of red fox and some coyotes. I do not think I have seen as many red fox as I used to, since the coyotes moved in. They probably have not done the gray fox any good either.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Greys like dense cover, have much smaller home ranges than reds, and are not as common. I live in the southern end and haven't seen a grey in years. The coyotes are hard on both red and grey foxes since they eat a lot of the same thngs.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured since I've been seeing yotes in my yard the Reds were chased off. I saw a Red last year shortly after seeing a yote. Must be a tough Red. Never seen a Grey but wondered if they were around here just in the thicker woods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts