Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you have sausage - links - for fingers like I have you may want to handle a frame with the grips on. The Pachmyer grips are too thick for me to get a good grip on and my fourth finger has no where to go. the Rynite grips solved this problem for me - a little narrower and and full hand grip.
They are a nice grip however. Don't know going prices for Pachmyer - maybe Ed's Contenders will have your best price?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Grips

I have been shooting the Contenders and Encores for a few years now, and I have that for me ,small hands and all, the Thompson rubber grips and a light weight shooting glove work like a charm. The rubber and the leather of the glove give me a very secure grip and feel. In the summertime when it is hot at the ranfe, I wear a golf glove on my right hand, and while hunting in the fall and winter, I wear a pair of cold weather golf gloves. I have never had a problem with my grip. From .223 on up to the .30-06.
It might be worth a try.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Grips

The Pachmyer grips offer a more secure grip, better control, and a little less felt recoil when shooting the harder kicking pistol rounds. In my opinion theyre worth the money. I had an Encore with a 14" .444 Marlin barrel on it at one time, and until I shot that combo I was secure in the notion that there wasnt a pistol I couldnt control and hit a target with. 5 rounds and one split open thumb later I had changed my mind on that notion. Trust me, if your gonna go with a hand-cannon barrel...get some Pachmyer grips for it. Youll thank your self.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts