Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found a use for those locks the manufacturers include with your new gun?

Loader 3009

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like the cable style ones. I'm always finding some use for 'em. We use 'em at work to lock up the kitchen cabinets. This prevents pilfering from the other shifts. I gave a couple to my brother and he placed 'em on his cabinets to keep his toddlers away from cleaning solvents.

Frog :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
yes, for camping

I use for securing things like the hitch on my trailer, securing gear on my roof rack, locking up spare tires, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I must be the only one using them they way they should be and then other ways too.
I always put some kind of lock on my guns when I am going to the range or hunting. It makes so much easer if i get stopped.

I also use them at work to lock up the fridge, locking up the gate in my yard,

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Gun locks? All of my muzzleloaders have gun locks. :roll:
They have stocks and barrels too! :wink:
I believe an Ol' Injun Trick (Native American Lore) was to use gun locks to set off percussion caps to shoot those pesky Honkies! :p :p
OK, Graybeard, I won't refer to that anymore. Please don't ban me. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The little brass ones from Ruger are great for your luggage--'cept they wont let you lock your bags anymore at the air port. But they are neat little locks-aint they.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't know. I haven't bought a Ruger since Ol' Late Bill sold us out. I'm still hot about that. One day, if I live long enough, I may make a special trip to pee on his grave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts