Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I avoid the variations on Ed's Red because of the chemicals in it. Acetone is dangerous to the health.

My favorite cleaner is a mixture of deodorized kerosene, mineral spirits, Marvel Mystery oil, and a bit of STP lube. Works great. Not harsh at all to guns, finishes, and skin. The only time I use something else is when I need to remove copper fouling, in which case I use a commercial copper fouling remover.

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
Squib said:
have you ever met a girl that's gone loopy
You're kidding right... ::)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
acetone soaks right into the skin.... supposedly eats up blood cells and strains the liver

I DO know it'll make your hand numb and the fumes will cause some problems... if the fumes are bad I bet the liquid really is bad for the liver

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
pmeisel said:
I never knew there was a chemical explanation.
Me either... :-\ I always thought it was just a dominant characteristic of the gender... :-[

(try to keep up there squibbie! ;) ;D )

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I can't complain too much, mine just gripes about the smell of whatever aerosol or solvent I happen to be using in the kitchen and then goes on her way. I'm the one breathing it in so maybe I'M CRAZY or damaged goods at least :eek: and while she's a crybaby I'm kind of a jerk so I can't point fingers..... (though the rest I ever dated were psychologically lacking to say the least)

speaking of the frail-bodies: I got mine to shoot a bit last range trip
can't get her interested in loading, can't get her interested in the mechanical aspect of guns when I disassemble them in front of her, but she's shooting again... there might be hope

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.