Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Plenty of handi rifles at the local gun show today

....all used, but there was a scoped 308 a scoped 30-06, an older iron sighted 45-70 in perfect shape, a limited edition elk foundatin 35-whelen with the longer barrel and a new 243 as well as an new 7mm-08 and a couple of combo guns too....

..good shopping ....

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
You talking about the gun show at the patty center in Fairbanks today and tomorrow. I also saw a lot of shotguns, almost bought a 10ga.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
andrewtheelder38 said:
...Plenty of handi rifles at the local gun show today

....all used, but there was a scoped 308 a scoped 30-06, an older iron sighted 45-70 in perfect shape, a limited edition elk foundatin 35-whelen with the longer barrel and a new 243 as well as an new 7mm-08 and a couple of combo guns too....

..good shopping ....
Well...What followed you home?

Mac

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
The .35 Whelen is a truly great gun for everything Maine has to offer, especially if you reload, so please say you bought it!!!....<><....:)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Send that Whelen to the denver show. Were the prices good, or like the shows around here higher than new for used?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..........the prices were pretty high for used guns....225 for most 250 for the ones with scopes......

....the idiot who had the 35 Whelen wanted 349 for it!!!!!/.....it was scratched, had about 75 percent bluing and a few dings on the stock and it was filthy.....he wold not budge one penny on it either!!!!!!!!

.....so itraded some ammo and a handful of cash for the pristine 45-70 with old style schnable fore end and a sling...it was so pristine i had to have it.....makes number 4 45-70 but what the heck it is a sickness i am powerless to resist....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts