Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 60* bolt lift gun. Who makes them??
I know a Weatherby Mark 5 and a Browning A-Bolt. I was also told a Ruger American, but I think they are ugly. What about Sako or Tikka?? Any others?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looking for a 60* bolt lift gun. Who makes them??
I know a Weatherby Mark 5 and a Browning A-Bolt. I was also told a Ruger American, but I think they are ugly. What about Sako or Tikka?? Any others?
Sako M85s do have 60* bolt lift. I owned an older Sako Mauser for several years before selling it a couple yrs ago. I've since purchased three Sako M85s and one Sako A7.

I own a good number of bolt action centerfire rifles, somewhere around 30 at this time. I own several M70s, Browning X-Bolt Medallion, Ruger Hawkeye, Remington M7, and others.

If you can buy it, you'll NEVER regret buying a Sako M85. I have a M85 Classic, a M85 SS Sporter and a M85 Kodiak.

Awesome rifles!

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Sako M85s do have 60* bolt lift. I owned an older Sako Mauser for several years before selling it a couple yrs ago. I've since purchased three Sako M85s and one Sako A7.

I own a good number of bolt action centerfire rifles, somewhere around 30 at this time. I own several M70s, Browning X-Bolt Medallion, Ruger Hawkeye, Remington M7, and others.

If you can buy it, you'll NEVER regret buying a Sako M85. I have a M85 Classic, a M85 SS Sporter and a M85 Kodiak.

Awesome rifles!
Kenny Jarret rifles are 60°. Expensive!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
yes the ruger americans are " ugly" but they are supremely functional. picked up a compact 308 for a lightweight all rounder. had to add a slip on recoil pad to get the legenth right and it helps with recoil too, its a bit sharp in a 6 and a half pound weapon but it shoots lights out. and i can carry it easily, im really limited on mobility and weight bearing now. so the 10 lb sporter is now a shooting house gun. for woods stalking the little 308 is a treat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have a ruger american. shoots great.

the bolt sticks out and hangs on everything. dont care for that.

is that an issue on these other 60 rifles?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not on a Mk 5 or A-bolt. I'm researching the Sako now and have one picked out. I think there is a TC that is a 60* bolt too, but it also has the looks of an American!!

·
Registered
Handgun Hunter, Target Shooter
15 Posts
Another one to look for would be the Browning BBR. That was the better made model before the A Bolt.

Bob R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts