Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a Steyr 376 on a CZ24 Mauser action. Any suggestions for a pre-inletted stock, doesn't have to be drop-in, that will be comfortable to shoot?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You can try Brownells - or Richard's micro fit - both on the net.

C F

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Also try Boyd's Gunstocks and some of the e-addreses and links to gunstock makers that have been posted on these forums. HTH. Mikey.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunstock recommendations? Follow up.

Thanks, Guys. I've stocked other Mausers with both Boyds and Richards stocks. This is my first big-bore - it will generate nearly the same recoil as a 375 H&H.

Is there a particular style or model of stock that you've found is comfortable to shoot?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The thumbhole stock lets your hand take part of the recoil. Also a stock with a comb that drops as it goes forward will help. Another help would be to get the biggest area possible on your recoil pad in order to spread out the recoil - ask for extra wood on the butt stock.
C F

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Go to http://cu.imt.net/~royalarms/Stocks.html and check out The Heavy Classic(my favorite)or The Montana Hunter. These are the two stocks I use for my heavy recoiling rifles I restock. Great company to do business with and GREAT WOOD too. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
As far as stock profile goes, I find a classic style straight stock, with minimal drop at the comb and heel, to work best for hard kickers. Recoil comes straight back, rather than up and back, like some Monte-Carlo styles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts