Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
. I have looked at them and they appear to be well made. I almost bought a used 20 ga. with a wood stock for $ 140 but reality set in, as even though I thought it was a good deal I have more shotguns than brains and I walked away.
I think you got an nice gun at a super price. :)

jedman

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had the money for that hi point 9mm carbean and then this gun popes up. 😕
some times you just gotta buy a shot gun lol. Even if it does break after 100 shells I got
My money and a sore shoulder out of the deal. At the very least a trade peace.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
jedman said:
. . . . I have more shotguns than brains . . . .
^ ^ ^ my own self :D ^ ^ ^

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tucked it away in case befor the wife got home. She won't ever know lol
I knew their was a reason i picked up two cases the other day.
I know it's just a shot gun but I'm all smiles!!! Hope to run some
Shells through it Sunday. I'll keep you guys posted on how it
Shoots!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
get-along-with-the-female helpful hint #7:

soft cases are easier to hide from mama.
long guns with removable barrels fit in
nondescript gym bags most times. hide
box behind truck seat in case firearm
infiltration is compromised so mama won't
see it and think that it's new. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
I just gave so many handis and pardners, no one notices a new one.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just picked up a limb saver but pad at Walmart 24 bucks well spent.
Going to run some shells through both my shot guns this weekend
Can't wait!!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
good luck ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
My PPP is outfitted with a Choate Tool corn cob forend with Picatinny rail and weapon light, and a Choate Mark 5 buttstock at its shortest LOP. Wilson +1 magazine extension. I don't mount the USGI cotton web sling in the house, but I do at the Ft. Eustis range with its open sand firing points.

I find it quite manageable with LE low recoil 00 buck and slugs. It only gets exercised once a quarter for "famfire" with slugs (just like old times). Otherwise it just sits in a corner in the bedroom.

BULL

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Famfire" is routine, periodic "familiarization fire," as opposed to initial weapon qualification or re-qual. It is normally scheduled quarterly for non-ground component, Navy personnel - in my case as a USNR surface warfare officer and civilian, licensed merchant mariner contracted to Military Sealift Command. It is an opportunity to inspect and exercise the weapon, and to re-train on all of its operational aspects.

The Hawk/H&R PPP is a pretty basic weapon, essentially a clone of the Rem 870P in its manufacture and metallurgy, if not in finesse. The only practical difference between the PPP and the ChiMil issued NORINCO Type 97-1 is that theirs have 16" barrels vs the PPP's 18.5". Mine is outfitted with a Choate Tool (makers of H&R's synthetic stocks), adjustable-LOP, Mark 5 buttstock. I also fitted a Choate "tactical" forend because the original 870-type covers too much of the receiver when the action is open, and interferes with a left-handed tactical re-load.

The forend includes a short Picatinny rail that can be mounted at 90°, 180°, or as in my case, 270°. My rail mounts a Streamlight TLR-1, thumb-actuated weapon light. There are also a Wilson +1 magazine tube extension (6 in the tube now) and tailed follower. The magazine spring is now an up-rated Wolff for reliability.

Photos attached.

BULL

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice gun. Thanks for the reply. I traded the gun in. Made a great deal on the price of the trade in. I got the hi point 9mm carbine. Very happy with the hi point. The h and r was a nice pump but not the one I was in love with.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but....

A person would have to be stupid or broke to have to pass up an $80 brand new pump shotgun.

The cheapest I've ever paid for a pump was $60 for a beat-up Mossberg 500 12ga about 17 years ago. ...kid was moving to California and was worried about their gun laws and didn't need the trouble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.