Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Ok, I have two barrels for my 10 gauge. A 32 inch with a Mod choke and 24 inch with full choke. If I could find 10 gauge slugs could I use them in my 32 incher with the mod choke or should I get a different choke for the 24 incher?

I'll be happy to report my results if I can find ammo locally.

Nixter

· Registered
466 Posts
I guess my greatest concern is the choke.

The 24 only has a full...and the 32 has a mod(fixed).
I relize the 24 would be more woods friendly.

The Nitro site (thank you by the way) was most informative. Where they mentioned polishing, is that similar to burnishing? I'm almost done burnishing my 24 incher (baby steps) and was curious if it was the same thing or similar. Still waiting on the new turkey choke tube, the vendor sent the wrong one... :roll:

I'll take a ride to Gander tommorrow and see if they have any slugs for the 10.

Nixter

· Registered
466 Posts
I've got the buckshot loads as well. But all I have is the stock full choke and a Kicks Gobblin' Thunder triple extra full double turkey choke. (ok I added the double part but you get the idea) It's .690 constriction.

Anyone wanna try this thing here in Wisconsin? It flat out rocks.

Ok back to my point. I'll stroll over to Gander and see if I can find anything interesting in the clearance bin. The local gun shop has a case of spare parts and doodads I could look through as well. Lookin' for a screamin' deal on an improved cylinder choke for this 10 gauge.

Ahh, more projects.

Nixter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.