Graybeard Outdoors banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Tim, thanks so much for the advice in Perklo's instructions I guess my 1976 model rifle will be the same except for the hammer spring.

Now just have to work out whether to get stuck into it or go trout fishing had a nice flush of rain that will get them feeding. Think i'm leaning toward the river

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have an up date on the misfires etc. Not sure if I mentioned suddenly the hammer would not c o c k either after the repeated misfires, clearly something was broken inside.

Contacted the dealer where I purchased the rifle and they offered to send it to their gunsmith for repair at no cost, very good of them I thought.

This morning I got the rifle out the safe broke it open to make sure it was unloaded, just a habit, closed the action and just for no reason cocked the hammer and it stayed cocked. I eased it back and placed a fired case in the chamber re cocked and pulled the trigger all worked as it should. Now i'm very confused so I grab some rem ammo go outside load up and BANG. 6 times without a problem nice indent on the fired cases.

So what happened?

John

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
My only guess would be that a small particle of foreign matter got into the action preventing the trigger from properly engaging the sear on the hammer. Glad it is working - hope it stays that way!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts