Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my H&R .308 for a long time now. I've shot many many rounds (too much to count) through it. I'm proud to say I've gotten my groups down to .75" to 1" at 100 yards with reloads.

My problem is that after a shooting session last weekend, I noticed that after 10 to 15 rounds of so, the release latch was very hard to press and the barrel would not break open unless I pushed the release lever down really really hard. Before this the same release lever has always been very easy to press. Should I be worried? The release lever doesn't seem to be hard to press all the time either ,just on some presses and it seems to stick in the down position and I have to pull up on the lever to have it come back.

Thanks for any advice / info.

I really like my rifle but this is kinda freaking me out.

Kevin

·
Registered
288 Posts
Before I went off the deep end I would give it a realy, realy, good cleaning. KISS principle applied. Regards, Piney Creek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. My work causes me to be away from the internet for extended periods of time. I'm thinking it's a cracked latch or something broken inside that's causing this problem. I've shot a lot through my rifle and that latch has work just fine until my last session. I may be in the market for a new rifle. Thank you once again for replies and sorry I couldn't thank you guys sooner.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
no need to find a new one.
just fix the one you have that's already
paid for and proven.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
karlel said:
Thanks for the replies. My work causes me to be away from the internet for extended periods of time. I'm thinking it's a cracked latch or something broken inside that's causing this problem. I've shot a lot through my rifle and that latch has work just fine until my last session. I may be in the market for a new rifle. Thank you once again for replies and sorry I couldn't thank you guys sooner.

WELCOME Karlel!!

You ranger is right its oretty easy to swap out all parts, one lil slave pin is all you need to make and it can be wooden or plastic or metal. Its all outlined in the FAQ's under "trigger jobs".

Of coarse we are also here to help if we can!

CW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.