Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an H&R that I was just gifted, and it is chambered for three different cartridges: .45 acp., 45 AR and 45 Super.

All three cartridges are the exact same length, therefore they all headspace off the case mouth, even the rimmed AR case.

Each of the three case designs will be loaded with a specific bullet and at a different velocity level.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Grass
Bicycle handlebar Sports equipment Air gun Trigger Grass
Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Grass

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love the mannlicher forearm, especially with the shorter barrel. Have you shot the different loadings at all yet, and how much do they affect poi? I know with my marlin it's substantially different horizontally (like 4" at 50 yards) between 38 and 357, although almost identical in drop still at that range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the mannlicher forearm, especially with the shorter barrel. Have you shot the different loadings at all yet, and how much do they affect poi? I know with my marlin it's substantially different horizontally (like 4" at 50 yards) between 38 and 357, although almost identical in drop still at that range.
The forend is a 10 ga. forend, and the overall barrel length is 18".

I have shot all three loads at 100 yards, and there is less than a 2" difference between all loads.

My husband loves this gun about as much as I do!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Very nice. Those pistol cartridges are a lot of fun in the handi rifles.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I have one I had rebarrled from 243 to 45 ACP. Have often thought I should have had it chambered for .45 AR. I always enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This gun started out as a 270 Winchester and was barrel stubbed into a .45.

With a rim counter-bore cut, it works beautifully with the 45 AR brass from Starline, and there is no need for an extractor change when using it, or the 45 Auto or 45 Super brass, also from Starline.

Even though this gun is just a little on the heavy side for me, the more I handle it the better I like it.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Yes, mine was stubbed also. My barrel is heavy also and I restocked it with a Buffalo Classic stock. I do like that arrangement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David and his wife came out to our place last year when he was doing better, and he used this "little" .45 to take a couple of javelina and a turkey.

The accuracy of this gun has proven quite impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a couple of targets from my 45 that David shot last year while they were here visiting.

I cannot shoot it nearly as good, but my husband can.

Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle Circle
Handwriting Font Circle Paper Number
Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Circle
Handwriting Font Rectangle Circle Paper
Handwriting Rectangle Font Circle Art

Needless to say, this will be my hunting gun of choice this year!

Susan gave me the reloading dies, brass, bullets and other reloading components as well as reloading data for each type of brass.

My husband is building me a heavy walnut reloading table dedicated to just this gun, reloading press and components. I am so proud of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts