Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older H&R inline muzzleloader (Huntsman) that I would like to put a scope on due to my crappy eyes. I found one fella that was drilling and tapping these for scope mounts but I lost his name and phone number (now my crappy memory to go with my crappy eyes). All the local smiths around me say there is not enough metal to drill and tap this barrel. Anybody out there got any ideas on whether or not it is safe to do this and who may be able to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
In looking at mine I just don't see how there is enough there to drill and tap. Kurt

·
Registered
100 Posts
We (my father and I) have had three drilled and tapped. We have three 58 cals that have the threaded breech plug. The gunsmith checked with someone and found that it was thick enough to drill and tap. My father and I am still alive.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM back to ya!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redhawk45,
I did call them and spoke with one of the gunsmiths named Mike. He felt pretty sure he could do it but wanted to look at it first. I am gonna try to get up there over the holiday sometime and have him check it out. Thanks for your help with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts